Tuesday 19 January 2010

Maidens Again!

19th January 2010

I am afraid I havent been too adventurous with visiting different locations as you can see from my recent blogs, they have all been in Maidens and around the lovely harbour. Reason is...just havent had the time to travel far, there always seems to be things to do. Yesterday I managed to find a couple of hours so shot off to Maidens to see what was about.
The oystercatchers where there in there numbers as were the Mute Swans floating magestically on the sea. A couple of Shelduck in the distance, quite away from the shoreline, but could make out the red bills against the grey sea and sky. There were about two dozen Redshank feeding close to the shoreline, but ather than that not much else to be seen. I drove along the front only to see a kestrel perched in a branch. Was able to get reasonable close before he took to flight. On the grass by the beach came a Song Thrush bobbing along. He was glad the ground had thawed as he looked for his lunch. Other than the usual Blue tits, Great Tits nothing else to report. On the way home I did see a Fieldfare motionless in a field. He must of felt as cold as I did, so headed for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment