Sunday 16 May 2010

Lochwinnoch Lesser Redpolls


Dropped the kids off at Ardrossan Ferry as they were going to Arran with some of their friends. I headed down to lockwinnock hoping to see and photograph some Great Crested Grebes. Unfortunately, there wasnt a Grebe to be seen. Not to worry though as I was able to watch a flock of Lesser redpolls coming to and fro to feed.


What amazing colours on these birds. Also their call is quite distinct so you know when they are about.





Spent about six hours in the hide waiting for them to arrive....well worth the wait!!
During this time too I saw over 20 species...more pics will be added soon.

1 comment:

  1. Cracking shots of these little beauties. I especially like the first and second shots. I have only seen these birds once in the wild, many, many years ago.

    ReplyDelete