Monday 15 November 2010

Maidens, South Ayrshire

I havent been posting blogs recently, just been too busy with other things but have still been trying to get out when I can. Here are a few images from the past month taken near Maidens.
Today I was in Maybole and got a few Waxwings photos so I will get these up on the blog as soon as possible.
Good to meet Angus Hogg today at Maidens also!


Turnstones. It was a pleasure to watch as the literally turn quite large stones over as thery walk along the shore.


Red Kite. This one was feeding on some roadkill and so as it saw me approach it took to flight.


Golden Plover. There are a couple of hundred of these guys at Maidens at the moment. The sun really shows why they got their name.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark, nice photos of the Waxwings! How did you get on in London?

    Was the Red Kite in Ayrshire? If so can you send me the site/date for the 2010 Ayrshire Bird Report at recorder@ayrshire-birding.org.uk

    Thanks and all the best,
    Fraser

    ReplyDelete