Tuesday 8 June 2010

The Woods at Kirkmichael




A few days ago when it felt truly Summer had arrived (not like today), I took off for a quiet meander through the woods. As I crossed over a field and entered another group of large trees a Buzzard took to flight from off the ground. It landed at a tree in the distance. I didnt pay too much attention as I entered the small group of trees and was able to take a few nice shots of typical local woodland birds. All the while, the Buzzard kept crying out and was joined by another Buzzard, I presume was its mate. Every now and then, one of them would make an inspection and fly away again to the tree. I tried to hide myself and sat for atleast an hour hoping that amongst the trees there was a Buzzards nest and I could get some nice photos. But they must of known I was there and stayed away until I had to leave as it was getting dark. I couldn´t see any nest high in the trees, so maybe I was wrong and was just wishful thinking. Anyway, while I was waiting patiently I was able to take these shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment