Tuesday 17 March 2009

Rio Guadalhorce

Friday 13th March 2009.

Welcome to my new blog. I will try and keep it updated with various field trip in Andalucia. Last Friday I went to Guadalhorce and enjoyed a pleasant day there. I saw in total 26 different types of birds. The highlight was seeing the osprey come from nowhere and swoop over my head about 40 feet in the air. I was able to get my camera on him fast and got a decent shot.





The ponds were rather quiet but enjoyed watching a couple of white-headed ducks. I walked over to the beach and strolled along and saw a couple of sanderlings trotting along the sand. I was able to lie flat on the sand and they approached quite near, enabling me to get a low-angle shot, with shallow depth-of-field.







I look forward to when the water levels drop and hopefully see some more different birds

List of birds: Kestrel, Booted Eagle, Marsh Harrier, Osprey, Goldfinch, Crested Lark, Corn Bunting, Garden warbler, Swallow, Hoopee, Stonechat, Sanderling, Ringed Plover, Mallard, Greenshank,, Black-winged Stilt, Coot, Little Egret, Grey Heron, Shovelar, Cormorant, White-headed Duck, Pochard, Little Grebe,

http://www.markmedcalfphotography.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment