Friday 3 April 2009

Nerja Old Sugar Factory

3rd April 2009

Today I got up early as I had a couple of hours spare so went to the waste ground between Nerja and Maro. As I walked the track to the building serens and goldfinches were busy in the fields. I love this time of the morning, hearing the chorus of birds all round me. As I was getting the camera ready I noticed a slightly bigger bird with distinct markings. I grabbed my binoculars and saw it was a woodchat shrike. He was watching me, then flew off. He landed on a dead tree with no foilage, ideal for a photograph. I spent literally ten minutes quietly and very slowly walking toward him, getting within shooting range.

Further up I saw a wheatear on the old sugar building. Again I was stalking him, until he landed on some rocks and I got in range for a photo.




Nothing else really, other than the usual blackbird, sparrows..but a nice hour well spent.

Birdlist: Serin, Goldfinch, Wheatear, Woodchat shrike, Blackbird, Sparrow, Hoopee, Kestrel, Starling, Flycatcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment